søndag 12. oktober 2008

SL: Script : Step on



Carolrb Roux is a typical - but also a special - teacher you'd be likely to run into, on one of the many edu-islands or edu-lands. "It's a pleasure, My pleasure" ... They're so friendly you always wish they were your best friends and part of the real life neighborhood.
- Why don't they make them download-able?

Carol showed me some great'n fun rugs she was working on:



When you step on one of these Halloween rugs, you can hear spooky sounds: cats screeming, ghost sounds and even worse ... We started talking about the different possibilites for education, and I thought that this idea could be great for language teachers. Carolrb - being a teacher that makes awesome creative stuff - had of course thought of this herself. So she showed me some stairs she made earlier for a ... must have been Spanish class, where whenever you took your foot on a step, a number was read out load (you had to have sound in sim on of course). I was thrilled! The best of it all - she then gives me a script to go - so I can make'm myself! I love these SL teachers!

So, this is how it goes:
  • You make an object
  • Attach a sound file in Content: must be a wav, no longer then 9.8 seconds and 44 100 Kz quality
  • Add the sound file name into the script
That's all there is to it! I've got to try that some day - thank you so much: Step on - Carolrb!

She also directs me to a wiki I'd like to share with you: http://slexperiments.pbwiki.com/Landmarks
You can find some neet tutorials in the menu - on SL skills.

Enjoy! c",)

Ingen kommentarer: